Easter 2010 Cricut Seasonal cartridge
Made Faux Lace, a new technique I learned
from Mary of Cardztv site, using vellum, an
edge punch, embossing folder & Distress Ink
(gives it a vintage look).
Embossed the background that the Cross image
is on as well as the Cross.
Added a tag. Stamped a sentiment. Added some
Was trying to cut the detail Cross image but
it kept tearing when I used core'dinations
paper. I wanted that type of cardstock even
though I was going to emboss it. Anyone have
this problem & any suggestions?
Also discovered that embossing core'dinations
paper tears easily. The right part of the Cross tore
off completely on 1st attempt of embossing. Anyone
have this same problem & any suggestions?
Chose Cuttlebug Madison embossing folder to give
the background a Stained Glass Window look.
Chose the Paper Studio Woodgrain embossing folder
for a wood look on the Cross. Added a gem to Cross
Chose Martha Stewart edge punch on vellum for lace doily
look. Used Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder which is
my 'go to' most used embossing folder. Chose Tim Holtz
Distress Ink tea dye to give the Faux Lace vellum a vintage look.
Closeup of embossing on background:
Closeup of Tag, Stamped Sentiment &
embossing on Cross:
Closeup of Faux Lace:
Entering this into the following challenges:
1. 2 Sisters Ch83 unlim entries 3rd entry 3/17-23
2. Anything Ch unlim entries 1st entry 3/20-4/2
3. Craft Spot by Kimberly 3/19-26
my scallops are on the Faux Lace
This weeks Challenge: Spring Scallops!
(Make a card or other project - must be a Spring theme and include scallops)
4. Dream Valley lim 3 entries 1st entry 3/18-31
5. Hot Shot Craft unlim entries 12th entry 3/2 - 3/23
6. Little Claire's Design lim 3 entries 1st entry 3/17-4/13
7. My Sheri Crafts Ch81 Easter 3/17-30
8. Paper Pretties Mon Ch 3/19-25
Paper Pretties Monday Challenge - Easter Blessings.
9. Paper Pretties Wed Ch 3/21-27
10. Reasonable Ribbon unlim entries 4th entry 3/15 - 3/29
Spring color of purple
11. Simon Says Stamp unlim entries 2nd entry 3/21-27
my Bingo is Center Down Glitter, Lace, Die Cut
This week we want you to get your eyes down and get ready to play a game of .....
12. Simon Says Stamp & Show unlim entries 1st entry 3/19-25
13. Stampin' Sisters in Christ New Season unlim entries 3rd entry 3/18-24
Challenge #131 – Psalm 104:19
14. Whimsical-Designs 3/21-4/4
"Celebrate Spring" Whimsical Wednesday Challenge
adhesives: foam, Scotch ATG, Scotch tape
Cricut cartridge: Easter 2010 3" Cross
Cuttlebug Madison - used on layer behind Cross
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots - used on Faux Lace
the Paper Studio Woodgrain - used on Cross
gem: purple - center of Cross
glitter: purple - on edge of Cross
Memento Tuxedo Black
Tim Holtz Distress Ink tea dye
core'dinations Serence purple cardstock
cardstock - shades of purple
Martha Stewart edge punch - think it is Doily Lace but I have a few
like this one that I did not write the name of on them with black Sharpie
ribbon: Spool O' Ribbon purple ribbon
Shapeabilities Ribbon Tag Trio Two
stamp: TPC Studio Easter Sentiments clear stamp